Careers & Volunteers > Internships
Internships at Faison
Our full and part-time internship opportunities are open to those degree-seeking students majoring in psychology, special education, human services, speech-language pathology, or behavior analysis.
Internships will provide hands-on experience working with students in the classroom, training using ABA teaching strategies, practice utilizing data collection to evaluate effectiveness and experience problem-solving complex issues. Internships are available in our Life Skills, Lower School, Accelerated Independent Learning Community, and Adult Programs.
Must be enrolled in an accredited college program
A minimum commitment of 15 hours a week. Minimum of 4 hours per day
Must submit to a background check
Essential Physical Requirements:
• Lift 50 pounds (and keep back straight while doing so)
• Bend at all joints fluently
• Move in and out of and maintain a kneeling position for up to five minutes
• Reach in all directions
• Grasp using both hands
• Move quickly in both confined and open spaces to avoid safety issues
• Run in order to retrieve an individual who is moving quickly away from staff
• Maintain balance while lowering to a half-squat position
To apply for an internship position, please submit your resume and volunteer application to firstname.lastname@example.org.