Careers & Volunteers > Internships
Program Assistant Internship (Summer)
Our full and part time summer internship opportunities are open to those degree seeking students majoring in psychology, special education, human services, speech-language pathology or behavior analysis.
Program Assistant Internships will provide hands on experience working with students in the classroom, training using ABA teaching strategies, practice utilizing data collection to evaluate effectiveness, and experience problem-solving complex issues. Internships are available in our Life Skills, Lower School, Accelerated Independent Learning Community, and Adult Programs.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited college program
• Must have a declared major in one of the following fields of study: psychology, special education, human services, speech-language pathology or behavior analysis
• A minimum commitment of 12 hours a week. Minimum of 4 hours per day
• Must submit to background check
Essential Physical Requirements:
• Lift 50 pounds (and keep back straight while doing so)
• Bend at all joints fluently
• Move in and out of and maintain a kneeling position for up to five minutes
• Reach in all directions
• Grasp using both hands
• Move quickly in both confined and open spaces to avoid safety issues
• Run in order to retrieve an individual who is moving quickly away from staff
• Maintain balance while lowering to a half squat position
The Program Assistant Internships do not count toward supervision field experience for individuals seeking Behavior Analyst (BCBA or BCaBA) certification.
To apply for an internship position, please submit your resume and volunteer application to email@example.com.